Thursday, February 10, 2011

Your Famed Ass Owes Me Big Time!

Sadly, I am often taken to the singlely unsignificant decision to blacklist an artist from my life and media players: It's not that I'm some bitter lady plotting in the confinement of her room; it's that something must be done and sometimes, just sometimes, I believe that if more people express their disapproval of the talent's behavior, the slow fault back to commonality will do them right.

While I do understand that everyone has a bad day, I also believe that most of us don't get to carry about our attitudes to our bosses at the work place without consequences; so why should they come in the public where people who cut their checks mingle to put a fuss?

Last Summer I banned P-Square from my media players and the ban lasted a good 6 months and believe it or not it was well deserved and soothing to the annoyance they had brought upon me. Check this out: Last year a US Tour was pompously advertized to several major cities. The benevolent fan that I am even went as far as promoting the event free of charge just because we so rarely get to have successful african events in Southern California due to the size of our community: Hence, anytime one comes my way whether I'm attending or not, I really push it to my contacts. So well done that summer that I had brought my friends to purchase $150 VIP Passes to the Redondo Performance Arts Amphitheatre to watch P-Square and J.Martins...
Let me tell you the show was set to start at 8 PM so my then pregnant sidekick and I were flying over the 405 Freeway  in order to get there early before any lines forms.  Before I go any further let me tell you what the $150  charge was for:  a concert and a private afterparty.
I won't go into details  but just know that we got no after party and a 5 minutes show from the Okoyes. I was livid. They made sure to blame it on the organizers but come on, these guys did not show at the venue til 11.45 PM and the venue shuts down at midnight! As of today the only apologies I've seen were from the event promoters on their facebook page: No refunds issued and No words from P-Squared who had also that week cancelled their Atlanta show without prior notice!
Why should I buy downloads and concerts tickets for such ingrates? (Yes, I do buy!)
So I blacklisted them and warned my BFF to keep their music off her playlist when we are riding... She is still laughing about it but I took my ban very seriously!
Here is a snippet of  the 5 minutes show: Nice but unfortunately I did not pay for 5 minutes but for 2hours!

I'm not singling out P-Square or musical performers, but athletes too; Look at the last World Cup in SA: If you were Cameroonian or French you had every reason to feel disrespected and unappreciated. Overpaid spoiled nouveau rich idiots that got millions to go embarrass their countries with total disregard for the stans.

Over the half baked performances or lack thereof. Let's move on to the jerks: The snobs and the rude ones. I call the Master P's, Loretta devine, Tyrese Gibson, djimon Hounsou and Geremi Njitap of this world  for those who have ever had the displeasure of meeting them in person... Terrorizing staffs, brushing off fans, ignoring them, giving dirty looks back for greetings... Come on guys who made you?


2 comments:

  1. Je blame plus les organizateurs que P-square. L'artiste est paye pour perform mais c'est la responsabilite de l'organisateur du bon deroulement du concert. P-square a eu d'autre concert et suis sure qu'ils ont perform comme il se doit.

    En ce qui concerne les celebrities, c'est la faute des fans, si personne ne les prennait au serieux il n'allait pas faire le malin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm ils etaient no-show at Atl... Definitely les organisateurs ont merde mais eux ils n'avaient pas les mains blanches!

    ReplyDelete