Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine!

I do not celebrate valentine. Don't panic I'm not an altermondialist fighting the pink and red consumerism frenzy that this day brings about.. I just was never in a position to celebrate valentine. And for cause: I have never been in love or in a relationship during valentine and I actually remember breaking up weeks or days right before then : Truth be told, the most that I can recall is a date on valentine 2 years ago can you imagine!?

Would I celebrate it if the two previous conditions were to be met (being in love and in a relationship)? I don't know.It is a strange feeling to be a hopeless romantic and not having been part of the mecca of public display of affection that valentine is...
I remember discussing valentine with one of my friend who was complaining about his girlfriend's attachment to it and he said that valentine is everyday for those who are in love... So my dear friends I guess  screw valentines and salutes!




No comments:

Post a Comment