Wednesday, February 9, 2011

No Sand in My Gari!

I told you yesterday about that party I'm planning to attend... Well This morning I woke up to find out my beloved sister is flaking out on me and won't attend. I'm disappointed but understanding: The poor thing has school the next day and really I don't think it's worth it given that she can barely keep up with her current schedule: My recently unemployed and single self however could definitely use a kick in the mojo!
My sister going MIA, I definitely don't want to go to the party alone; I do have friends but most of them are males, some in a relationship most of the rest single. The female ones are in couple as well or will not attend because it's a sunday.
 Here is the trick: when I go with my sister or my girlfriends , it's a couple of very attractive young women people want to talk to: If I go with a male friend, or a couple friend, there might be room for confusion.
Do I get there and ditch them? or do I just not go? the player that I am ( yes, I said it ah han!) is quite puzzled.
image courtesy of http://www.getaboyfriend.org/
There is nothing like a homeboy to kill your game or as we say in cameroon "pour sand in your gari" ... They usually don't have to do much. They just have to stand around you and if they are demonstrating the slightliest bit of attention like bringing you a drink or checking on you, everyone in the room assumes you are an item and your evening is done for it! Very few guys will be bold enough to talk to you thereafter...
Sometimes, they will just goof around when you are trying to roll your best game and totally shatter your composure...
Despite all this wisdom I asked a guy friend of mine to tag along... Taking a male friend along is not always bad if he himself is a player, once you get in, he gets lost and knows exactly when to rescue you from the drunk stalker ( Great perk!). My friend I'm going with is a new acquaintance, so let's hope his blood is hot and see how it will all play out!

No comments:

Post a Comment