Monday, February 7, 2011

Way to look at life!

I walk in amazement. It's the best way I found to keep positive and optimistic about events and people. I was recently told I'm too guarded but the reality is that I cannot ignore what I know. Like it is often said fool me once shame on you!  fool me twice...
With this in mind, you will understand that while I've been often betrayed and disappointed by people and events in my life, I've come to realize that I was never heart broken. Maybe in the moment I felt anger and confusion but I never once decided to shut myself out or to close myself. Sure I have delayed some involvements, walked away from some people temporarily or permanently but rarely has it been motivated by anger but rather a conscious choice to preserve myself from the harm the person or the situation could beset upon me.
Why this? why now?
I'm confronted with a friend who is going out of her way to hurt me and it seems like the more she tries, the more she sets herself up and right now while I'm facing so many challenges and some of the hardest times of my adult life, I have resolved not to care. It's not that no damage is dealt, it is just that the peace of my mind preaches that those are things that will heal with time and worrying over it will not speed the clock... So hey!? let's live on...

It's such a blissful feeling to have better fish to fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment